Friday, September 11, 2009

Fall Decorating!

Since we've only been "homeowners" for around a year and a half, we haven't had much time to start collecting fall decor. Today, while working, I was thinking about what I had at home that I could use to decorate by our front door. I started wandering around our home trying to find items I could use. I found a vase that was given to us as a house-warming gift (pulled out the ugly arrangement inside - wasn't my style), a wicker pumpkin I had, bought the flowers from Walmart for $3, and then added my wreath that I bought last year and started my fall decorating today.

As I was looking in our storage closet, I saw a "Welcome" sign that we had gotten for a wedding gift. It was in the closet, because it didn't really match my decorating style - little bit too country for me! I cut the stars and twine off the sign, spray painted white, and now it's something we can use all the time! Simple and just my style!! Here are some before/after photos and what our front door looks like now. I made sure to add some twine to tie everything down to the table - it gets windy here!!

The only thing I am missing are the pumpkins! I can't wait to carve pumpkins!!


1 comment: